Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thoughts from Eric

Below is a repost that Eric Chapman posted on his blog Friday and graciously agreed to have let us repost.


The Final Days

Woke up this morning realizing that there were only three full days left till I enter Rice & Beans month. (Check out the link above) Yes, I Eric Chapman will spend the month of March eating Rice & Beans and trying to stay away from the Dr. Pepper. You ask...why? Well I have 29 good reasons. There are 29 children at Amazing Grace Children's Home who eat rice & beans each and everyday. Oh they have vegetables, what they can grow. Meat is available but expensive. They make due with what they can afford. The awesome thing is, they don't complain. They know that what little they have is more than most have. I admire them and they humble me.

The neat thing about this March is that the money we save on groceries will go to help our missions in East Africa. Every penny we save is more for our brothers and sisters in East Africa.

So, what am I giving up? HA! Dr. Pepper, candy, chips, cookies, meat, chicken.....AAAAARRRGHHHH!!! LOL! If I don't lose weight then there is something wrong with me.

I ask for prayers that I don't go insane during the month of March (ohhh the temptations of foooood). I ask for prayers that we raise huge amounts of money for our missions in East Africa. Finally, prayers for the children of Amazing Grace, St. Batholomew's, Nambia House, and Grace and Healing Ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment